Skip to content
The very best independent kitchen and bathroom retailers play a massive part in their local community – from charity fundraising to supporting initiatives to improve local infrastructure. They play an active role in improving the local environment and local causes.
This is such an important part of what makes a local retailer successful that we are looking to shine a spotlight on these community champions on the biggest stage – the kbbreview Retail & Design Awards 2020.
But that’s not all, to mark the fact that we are rewarding community initiatives, we will make a significant donation to the chosen charities of the finalists. The winner will get £1,000 and the three remaining finalists will get £500.
WHO CAN ENTER?
Any retailers of kitchens or bathrooms in the UK and Ireland. Retailers with less than five stores can enter by detailing activities across the company.
Retailers with more than five stores must pick one store, or one specific region of five or less stores, in order to qualify.
In other words, if you are a multiple retailer you can’t enter the entire group as one entry.
HOW ARE THE WINNERS CHOSEN?
The judges score each retailer against the following criteria. Each carries an equal weight towards the final score.
- Originality and creativity
- Spreading the word
- Understanding local needs and making a positive contribution
- Personal connection
- Involving the team
- Drumming up industry support
All activities detailed – e.g. events, fundraising initiatives – must have taken place between November 14th 2018 and November 14th 2019.
It is good to detail a long running association with a charity, good cause or local debate but focus should be put on what you have achieved in that 12 month period.
What judges do NOT include in their deliberations:
- Size of business – They judge the business on its merits not its size.
- Size of turnover – They are not looking for who is making the most money. Business success is relative to circumstance.
- Market position – Premium, mid-market or entry-level retailers have as much chance as each other. The key is the definition of target audience.
- Writing ability and photography quality