This award honours the very best in kitchen showroom layout and design.
PLEASE NOTE: One entry form enters you for both the Retailer of the Year and Showroom of the Year categories. You do NOT have to enter both separately.
- You must be a retailer of kitchens in the UK or Ireland.
- You must have a physical showroom.
- If you are a multiple retailer i.e. have more than one showroom, then you must pick one showroom and enter that. This could be your flagship store, or the latest opening, it’s up to you but you cannot enter an entire network of showrooms as one entry.
The judges score each showroom against the following criteria. Each carries an equal weight towards the final score.
- Effective use of space available
- Customer journey
- Displays and product choice
- Unique ideas and initiative
- Effectiveness as sales tool
- Customer presentation areas
What judges do NOT include in their deliberations:
- Showroom size – No more weight is given to big showrooms than small
- Overall business success – It is purely about the showroom design
- Market position – Premium, mid-market or entry level retailers have as much chance as each other. The key is the definition of target audience.
- Writing ability and photography quality
The judging process
The judging process for the kbbreview Retail & Design Awards is unique in its focus and detail. We have several stages to make sure the entering is easy but winning is hard!
In the retail categories, the submitted entries are firstly viewed by an expert judging panel. They choose four finalists for each category and then, over the course of several weeks, each one is visited by a judge to see the business up close and really understand how it ticks. The winners are then chosen.
It is completely FREE to enter the kbbreview Retail & Design Awards. In fact, unlike some other awards, if you’re shortlisted as a finalist you will get to come to the awards event for free too.
The closing date
The closing date is midday on November 22nd 2018. Please note, there will be NO extensions.