Big budgets can lead to big designs, but has the money created something unique or simply been spent on expensive products?
- The design categories are open to ANY designers of kitchen and bathroom projects that have been installed in a real residential home in the UK or Ireland.
- Concept or showroom designs are NOT eligible
- One-off designs for a showhome or developer are eligible if clearly stated on the entry form.
- You can enter as many categories as you like but only one design per category.
The judges score each design project against these criteria. Each carries an equal weight towards the final score.
- Meeting and exceeding the brief
- Problem solving
- Product and material choice
- Unique ideas and initiative
- Value for money
This means that judges are principally looking for how well it has served the customer who has paid for it. They are not concerned with whether it is contemporary or traditional in style, for instance.
It is also worth noting that judges do NOT consider writing ability or photography quality in their deliberations but obviously the words and photos need to clearly get the project details across as well as possible.
The judging process
The judging process for the kbbreview Retail & Design Awards is unique in its focus and detail. We have several stages to make sure the entering is easy but winning is hard!
In the design categories, the submitted entries are viewed by a panel of expert judges and narrowed down to four finalists per category. Those finalists are then invited to London to make an in-person 15-minute presentation. The winners are then chosen.
It is completely FREE to enter the kbbreview Retail & Design Awards. In fact, unlike some other awards, if you’re shortlisted as a finalist you will get to come to the awards event for free too.
The closing date
The closing date is midday on November 22nd 2018. Please note, there will be NO extensions.